Leave a Comment
Google giving large preference to mobile responsive, or mobile friendly websites.
Is your website mobile responsive? What does that even mean? Well a mobile responsive site means that your website will conform to the screen size of whatever device is trying to access it.
If Google’s new mobile rankings aren’t enough to get you moving toward responsive design, consider the following:
- 46% of web users are unlikely to return to a site they had trouble viewing on their mobile device
- 2014 was the first year that worldwide mobile users surpassed the number of desktop users
- Time spent on mobile devices accounted for 55% of internet usage in January
- Conversion rates on tablets surpassed that of desktops
- There are now over 20,000 different types of Android devices with varying screen sizes and resolutions, not including thee thousands of other phones, tablets, TVs, and monitor sizes
(Statistics from comScore and Pew Research)
Okay you are saying, maybe I do need a new mobile friendly website, but why should I have TMD do it? TMD was an early adopter of mobile responsive design, making it a standard for every website we design and program. We have won numerous international awards for our work creating mobile friendly websites. Below is a sample of some of the mobile friendly sites we have recently designed, programmed, and launched. Please take a moment to view them on your desktop and mobile device.
If you have any questions about mobile responsive sites, and what it would take to make a new mobile friendly site for your company, non-profit, or government agency, please do not hesitate to contact Nick Pasculli, president of TMD, or Sam Spadoni, director of business development, for a free consultation.
TMD has been serving our clients for over 15 years, and we were created to become an extension of our client’s in-house marketing departments. We value our relationships with our clients above all else, and look forward to earning your trust.